Total Pageviews

Monday, February 1, 2010

Reasons Not to Invest in the Toronto Stock Exchange

I am amazed by the reasons people cite for not investing in the stock market. I've boiled down the reasons that people don't invest to the following:

1.) They trust other people more than they trust themselves
2.) They think they don't know how to make investment decisions or to buy stocks
3.) They think it's risky
4.) They think they don't have time
5.) They're scared that the future is uncertain

You might recognize one of the above as a reason for staying out of the market too. That's why learning and education is the most valuable way to spend your time. Once you are educated (which you will be if you follow this blog), you'll know what to invest in and how to do it. And this will begin one of the most fun and productive hobbies of your life.

A little bit about me. I have a Master's Degree in Business Adminstration (MBA) and have been investing in the markets for about a year and a half. I do it because it's fun, rewarding, adrenaline inducing, and it has made me money. I want to share the fun with others, and I wouldn't mind retiring early either. That's another reason why it's great. You can continue to make a regular pay cheque at a day job until you earn enough money to pursue it full time, or live off the interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment